Eagle Watch by Horseback
The Eagle Watch by Horseback is a part of Kaw Lake Association’s Ultimate Eagle Watch. The Eagle Watch by Horseback starts at Sarge Creek campground on Kaw Lake, just east of Kaw City and rides the Five Fingers Trail.
- Riders must have their own horse and are reminded to bring a sack lunch.
- Campers should be prepared for electric only at the sites.
- Family members who don’t want to ride can take advantage of the programs in nearby Kaw City.
- Riders will head out for the day at 11 a.m. and return that afternoon.
- The ride is by donation. Camping (electric only or primitive) will be $10 a night Friday and/or Saturday night.
“It’s a great opportunity to both ride and see eagles up close,” said Rick Boyd. “We see several eagles each winter on the Five Fingers Equestrian Trail.”
More information about the Eagle Watch by Horseback can be obtained by contacting the Kaw Lake Association at 580-269-2213.